01/03/2012

Chocolate Ruffle Cake

What day is today? It's Mickey's Birthday! What a day for a birthday, let's all have some cake!

I made a lovely ruffle cake, thanks to Pinterest (Did someone say 'addiction'?)  It's Hummingbird Bakery Brooklyn Blackout chocolate cake-my go to chocolate cake.  There's three layers of that with chocolate ganache both inside and out.  This is a chocoholics dream.

My house is in full on birthday mode today, with balloons strewn across the floor...

 And my homemade birthday chandelier.  It's just balloons, ribbons, pom poms and a homemade crepe paper fan hanging from wire.  It makes me happy.
 And of course the epic cake.  This also makes me happy.





Well, the tea party is on Saturday, and I'll be making cake pops, rice krispie treats, cupcakes, macarons for the first time, and some savoury bits and bobs.  Expect more pics! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment